To our Surrideo Orthodontics Family,
We hope this finds you and your family safe and healthy. Our global and local communities have been through a life-changing period. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, our team and our community
Our office has always and continues to follow infection control protocols as outlined by the Alberta Dental Association and College. We are committed to staying current and continue to implement any new guidelines as they are issued to ensure the safety of our patients and our team.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and our team. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you before your next appointment to explain changes in our patient sign-in process and clinical procedures.
- We will have you complete a screening questionnaire prior to your appointment, and you will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office.
- We encourage you to wait in your vehicle until we are ready to see you.
- We kindly ask that only patients come into the office. As much as we love parents, guardians and siblings, we want to maintain physical distancing as much as possible.
- For any patients who must be accompanied, this must be limited to one (1) parent/guardian. Any person accompanying a patient to their appointment will be screened using the same screening process.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places throughout the office for you to use as needed.
- You will be asked to wear a mask for the duration of your visit, and this will only be removed during your orthodontic procedure.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, video game center, coffee or water service since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Seating will also be limited and spaced appropriately.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you all again soon. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we have taken to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.